Saturday, November 17, 2007

the job and the roommate situation...

I'm not sure if you know about it, but my roommate moved out on me while I was in Australia. I did everything I could to not worry about it while I was on vacation, especially since there was nothing I could do about it. It did bother me quite a bit though, and slowed me down for a couple days. I suppose I wouldn't have met the same people or taken the same route while I was there but I might have made it a little further north. I put so much time into planning for this trip, and making sure everything would be good and taken care of until I got back, and the one person who I was depending on fucked me over. Thanks Andrea. (and that's all I'm going to say about that to save a little face for her) I'll find a new roommate and not hold her responsible for the year lease that she signed.

While I was gone, my employment situation also changed. I came back to find a new GM was in charge at my restaurant. When I left I was under the impression that my job would still be here when I got back, but the new GM had different plans. When I went in to get back on the schedule she informed me that I wouldn't be working there anymore. I really think she did it just to make and example. I worked at Manzana for over a year and only had three write ups. Regardless, I had to find a new job too.

So everything has changed since I got back. I got rid of all the rubbish that was left in the spare room. I found a new roommate who's moving in on 12/1. He seems like a cool respectful guy, and he's 26 so he's probably got a better sense of responsibility.

I started working at Yama, a Japanese Fusion restaurant in Bellevue. I'm not serving tables yet but when I start I'll be making about the same amount as I was at the last place. I really like the fact that they're not corporate too. I don't think I'll have to worry about the management changing always changing. My co-workers are cool and the place is a little laid back for how professional we look.

Things are falling back into place quite nicely.

No comments: