Thursday, October 25, 2007

home

I' flying home today, In San Francisco right now. I'm sad to leave Australia so soon. I could spend an entire year there. I'll be home tonight if anyone wants to go out. Give me a call :)

The day I left was so sad. I had to do a lot of traveling to get home. I got on the bus from Arlie at 6am, so I could catch a ferry to Hamilton Island at 7am. Then, I flew from Hamilton Island to Sydney, transferred to San Fransisco, transferred to Seattle, then caught a bus from Seattle to my home. The whole process took about 32 hours.

I slept for most of the 13 hour flight from Sydney, and when I got to San Fransisco all I could think about was how I wished I was still in Australia. I've got all sorts of little trinkets to remember little stops along the way, and my name is still tanned on my foot from the first day on the Whitsunday sail trip. I really must have been lacking some judgement to get on that plane and come home.

I hope all of the friends I made on the trip will keep in touch and keep me posted on their travels.

I've already started planning for my next adventure. I might go to Australia again but really I'm not sure where I'll go to this time. I know one thing though, I'll certainly go for much longer.

No comments: